Two out of ten households will do their Christmas shopping on Black Friday


The 24% of consumers will advance part of their Christmas purchases during the ‘Black Bride’which will be held on November 25, thus taking advantage of the offers of the day of discounts, according to data from Aecoc Shopperview. Specifically, the report shows that 64% of consumers plan to buy on the next ‘Black Friday’, while the remaining 36% say they have never bought during this day and that he has no intention of doing so this year either.

The study data reveals what are the top two buying motives among consumers for this year’s ‘Black Friday’. Thus, 37% of those who will buy during the day will look for the best offers and discounts, while 29% want to take advantage of this day of discounts to buy new products on the market at a better price.

Regarding the most searched categories, the survey shows that 84% of consumers plan to buy clothing, footwear and accessorieswhile 75% will look for computer, telephony and electrical appliances, and 71% will buy consumer products, such as perfumes, personal care items or drugstores.

Shopping during Black Friday for Christmas

In recent years, ‘Black Friday’ has become one of the dates indicated in the commercial calendar of the last quarter, and has an important weight for the billing of sectors such as electronic products. The person in charge of the Technological Consumer Goods area, Óscar Jiménez, has warned that the accumulation of commercial milestones at the end of the year may affect the sales achieved. “In addition to the usual ‘Singles’ Day’, ‘Black Friday’, ‘CyberMonday’ and the Christmas campaign itself, this year there is a World Cup that, for the first time, is held between November and December. This saturation of the calendar can generate a cannibalization in the results of each campaign”, he advanced.

The Aecoc spokesperson recalled that, after the increase in sales of registered electronic products during the pandemic, GFK data shows an across-the-board 5% drop in sales volume and points out that the purchase of mobile phones could be the motor of the sector in this last quarter of the year. “The development of the telephony category will determine the end of the year for the sector”, he specified.


*The article has been translated based on the content of If there is any problem regarding the content, copyright, please leave a report below the article. We will try to process as quickly as possible to protect the rights of the author. Thank you very much!

*We just want readers to access information more quickly and easily with other multilingual content, instead of information only available in a certain language.

*We always respect the copyright of the content of the author and always include the original link of the source article.If the author disagrees, just leave the report below the article, the article will be edited or deleted at the request of the author. Thanks very much! Best regards!

For all the latest news click here

Denial of responsibility! HOS is an automatic aggregator around the global media. All the content are available free on Internet. We have just arranged it in one platform for educational purpose only. In each content, the hyperlink to the primary source is specified. All trademarks belong to their rightful owners, all materials to their authors. If you are the owner of the content and do not want us to publish your materials on our website, please contact us by email – at The content will be deleted within 24 hours.

Leave A Reply

Your email address will not be published.