The price of electricity will drop tomorrow and will mark the lowest of the month
He price of light tomorrow will drop more than 18% to 121 euros per megawatt hour (MWh), its lowest cost in Marchin a day in which the cap on gas will remain unapplied, according to the results of the auction held in the wholesale market. The Iberian mechanism will not be applied this Tuesday for the ninth consecutive day because the price of natural gas has fallen in the Iberian Gas Market (Mibgas) belowl limit of 55 euros/MWh set by the Government for the month of March.
Likewise, the light will be below the barrier of 130 euros/MWh for the first time so far in March, a price that it managed to exceed in 20 days of February. So far this year, electricity has been paid on average at 104 euros/MWh, less than half the price registered in the same period of the previous year (215 euros/MWh), when the energy markets were already beginning to feel the effects of the Russian invasion of Ukraine.
The electric bill tomorrow: more expensive and cheaper hours
By time slots, electricity will reach its highest price tomorrow between 8:00 p.m. and 9:00 p.m., with 152 euros/MWh; and the lowest among 3:00 p.m. and 4:00 p.m., when it will be 93.6 euros/MWh. After this decrease, the price of electricity for tomorrow will be more than 72% lower than that of a year ago, when it was 443 euros/MWh; and it will be at lower levels than those registered in most neighboring countries, with the exception of Germany.
In France, the average price will be 152.4 euros/MWh, in Italy, 152.2 euros/MWh; in Germany, of 107 euros/MWh; and in the United Kingdom, 137.4 pounds/MWh (about 155 euros at the current exchange rate).
Most expensive and cheapest hours for this Tuesday, March 7
- From 00:00 to 01:00: 138.06 euros/MWh.
- From 01:00 to 02:00 hours: 132.92 euros/MWh.
- From 02:00 to 03:00: 128.35 euros/MWh.
- From 03:00 to 04:00: 117.55 euros/MWh.
- From 04:00 to 05:00 hours: 107.84 euros/MWh.
- From 05:00 to 06:00: 107.85 euros/MWh.
- From 06:00 to 07:00: 115 euros/MWh.
- From 7:00 a.m. to 8:00 a.m.: 139.86 euros/MWh.
- From 08:00 to 09:00: 140.22 euros/MWh.
- From 9:00 a.m. to 10:00 a.m.: 137.88 euros/MWh.
- From 10:00 a.m. to 11:00 a.m.: 118.62 euros/MWh.
- From 11:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m.: 108.15 euros/MWh.
- From 12:00 p.m. to 1:00 p.m.: 107.18 euros/MWh.
- From 1:00 p.m. to 2:00 p.m.: 100.2 euros/MWh.
- From 2:00 p.m. to 3:00 p.m.: 95.05 euros/MWh.
- From 3:00 p.m. to 4:00 p.m.: 93.81 euros/MWh.
- From 4:00 p.m. to 5:00 p.m.: 95.24 euros/MWh.
- From 5:00 p.m. to 6:00 p.m.: 106.8 euros/MWh.
- From 6:00 p.m. to 7:00 p.m.: 117.65 euros/MWh.
- From 7:00 p.m. to 8:00 p.m.: 140.95 euros/MWh.
- From 8:00 p.m. to 9:00 p.m.: 151.83 euros/MWh.
- From 9:00 p.m. to 10:00 p.m.: 145.52 euros/MWh.
- From 10:00 p.m. to 11:00 p.m.: 139.48 euros/MWh.
- From 11:00 p.m. to 12:00 a.m.: 116.71 euros/MWh.